Search This Blog

Sunday 15 May 2011

Harold Camping prediction World to end

Harold Camping prediction World to end

You may have seen the signs. No, I don’t mean locusts or plagues, I mean actual signs – billboards, placards, etc., on bus kiosks and subway cars through New York that advertise May 21 as the end of the world and Judgment Day.
Robert Fitzpatrick, a 60-year-old Staten Island man, has spent his life savings of $140,000, to put up these signs. He has written and self-published a book “The Doomsday Code”, which details how the Bible is letting us know the world is going to end and why. The book is available on Amazon.com

A small but devoted band of followers has subscribed to the May 21 date. A major voice in this crowd is Harold Camping, founder of Family Radio Worldwide. He’s that elderly gentlemen who does a TV show in his basement. He sits in a chair, with some 1970s paneling on the wall, holding a big Bible and talking in a low, monotone voice. I keep expecting his wife to shout from upstairs “Harold! Are you still doing that show? I need you to go to the store for me!”
Camping predicted the May 21 date, although he had also predicted a previous end in 1994. I’m pretty sure there were earthquakes, floods and terrible deeds going on at that time, too. Obviously, that end did not occur and Camping acknowledges now that he had a mathematical error. I can hear his wife now, “Harold! Are you still doing that show? I need my calculator back!”